Berlin – 23-26 September, 2018
The data, research and insights profession has seen more change and evolution in the last five years than ever before.
A great opportunity to meet, share ideas and vision for the next years all together !
Come and see us at booth #42 !
Contact us to meet
- Dorte Torpe Hansen – Chief Commercial Officer
- Pascal Drillaud – Business Development Director, France
> Information and registration here
Paris Retail Week – 2018
From 10 to 12 September 2018, Strategir will attend the 4th edition of PARIS RETAIL WEEK.
This important exhibition is open to all retail and e-commerce professionals.
This is a great opportunity for Strategir to communicate about its know-how in shopper & retail market research, and more specifically about our latest achievements in VR and implicit shopper data collection.
Come and see us at booth T099 to see how your brand could be even closer to shopper truth!
Information and registration here : www.parisretailweek.com
How to really give a voice to consumers in a product test?
Join us at the Eurosense, 8th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research
2-5 September, 2018 | Verona, Italy to know more !
Strategir and Agrocampus Ouest will present their common methodology development, an innovation breakthrough in product testing.
A new approach to hear the voice of the consumer and let him/her tell us with his/her own words if a product is “just right” / “too” or “not enough”: it’s “free JAR profiling” , a smart way to identify key product optimizations.
An advanced semantic analysis will show how spontaneous words obtained from free JAR profiling can be transformed into a new “sentiment score” : an implicit measurement for product assessment.
Case study based on materials for car seats.
Come to our presentation with AgroCampus Ouest:
September 2nd / 10:35 am – Analysing FreeJAR Data with Opinion Mining Strategies
For further information, contact Mathilde PHILIPPE – Product & sensory evaluation research director
How a VR 360° immersion in sniff test connect the consumer to the category for a better fragrance selection?
Join us at the Eurosense, 8th European Conference on Sensory and Consumer Research
2-5 September, 2018 | Verona, Italy to know more !
Strategir and Firmenich will present a poster : “Evoking/simulating context with 360° immersion is a good alternative to laboratory testing for personal and home care products”.
Contextual factors are key when experiencing personal and home care products, as they interact with the fragranced product and person-related factors in determining use, enjoyment, and emotional responses. This objective of study is to investigate whether evoking/simulating context with 360° immersion in central location tests could best help in the selection of preferred fragrances than central location tests performed without immersion.
A higher level of engagement with the 360° immersion resulted in a more precise description of the fragrances, more discrimination, and more consistency of the results. Respondents were more connected to the product category and choose more descriptive terms (fruity, light, etc.) and fewer generic terms (clean, fresh), which helped in more actionable results for improving fragrances. Finally, the 360° immersion also showed less of a halo effect regarding product benefits.
For further information, contact Isabelle Goisbault – R&D director
Delving deeper into consumer shopping behaviour
Gain top tips for winning at point of sale.
Shoppers buy more when it is easier to shop because we shop without knowing how we shop.
Shelf, POS material and pack help your brand to attract and convince the shopper.
- Drive visibility and appeal of the category
- Ensure performance in 3 key areas: Engage – Browse – Buy
- Explore examples from different types of shopper journeys for POS growth
- Thought provoking learnings about pack design to create shelf impact and secure recognition and communicate the message
- Learn from case studies across categories
Also experience VR immersion for evaluating activation and packaging design.
Join our workshop on August 29, 2018, presented by: William Lu and Dorte Torpe Hansen
Regal International East Asia Hotel
Lotus Room, 2nd Floor, 516 Hengshan Road, Shanghai
August 29th, 2018, From 8:30am to 11:30am
Refreshments will be provided from 8:30am
What makes the USA unique?
There are more similarities than differences between western European countries and the USA – but it is the differences that determine success or failure.
Do you know:
- There are no nation-wide grocery retailers? Learn more about the fragmented retail landscape
- Two out of three Americans use coupons?
- Half the population live in just 9 states? Get an introduction to key regional differences
- Hispanics make up 17% of the population, but don’t call themselves Hispanic? Understand this large population group better
Get an overview of the differences that impact market research and that can help you be successful in the USA.
At the end of the webinar there will be an opportunity to ask your questions about the USA or about doing research in the USA.
Click here to register free for our 30min webinar
24th July, 2018
3pm BST (London) / 4pm CEST (Paris)
Speakers: Brian Zaff and Diane Halton-Schmid from Strategir CSS
Use virtual reality to drive in-store actions
Join us at CX-Paris / June 19, 2018 > Registration here
Why modelling a store? At Samsung, it is crucial to meet shoppers’ expectations and regularly update merchandising, store layout or communication materials. To assess effectiveness of these changes, shoppers were testing several options before refurbishing the Points Of Sale. Samsung was implementing guided in-store interviews or exposing respondents to projected virtual shelf layouts. Both techniques showed limits (complicated set up, no space dimension).
Strategir and Samsung joined their force to develop a new approach combining the virtual reality expertise of Strategir and the 360VR immersion of Samsung. We evaluated the differences between using VR technology, a virtual projected visit and an actual visit to the physical store. Our goal was to find out how well would VR technology represent a real store in terms of consumer behaviour and feelings. Overall, the experience was very positive:
- First, people kept their focus on the task and were not disturbed by any external disturbance
- Secondly, the visit was realistic and people thought being teleported to another universe that precisely reflected the physical store
- Thirdly, the 360 vision was smooth and led to a natural behaviour
- Finally, people felt free and autonomous as they looked at what they wanted
Today the new device developed by Samsung allows us to go further, thanks to the controller that can make people either teleport from one environment to another one, or move within a dedicated environment, representing endless possibilities of usage for Retail & shopper purposes.
For further information please contact Cécile VELASCO
L’Or line extends with confidence coming from AI driven sales volume forecasts
AI based sales volume forecasting can increase your confidence in sales volume forecasts built on research samples of a couple of hundred consumers.
See in this case study how the Market Shaker AI volumetric model unlocked the potential of a new innovation for L’Or coffee by:
- Integrating the right context for purchase through a realistic shopping situation
- Considering each buyer as unique throughout the entire modelling process
- Recreating the multitude of individual behaviours with powerful AI, multiplying the power to predict each one’s behaviour up to 10,000 times
Thanks to AI’s enhanced understanding of consumers’ behaviour, JDE had the confidence of thousands upon thousands of virtual consumers’ behind the launch of their innovation.
Click here to register free for our 30min webinar
5th July, 2018
10am BST (London) / 11am CEST (Paris)
Speaker: Jackie Tarran
June 11-22, join our shopper week!
1 hour in your office location to show you how at Strategir, we can go one step further in understanding Shopper truth. Digital, virtual reality, AI, advanced analytics… new technologies allow us to offer new research solutions putting shoppers at the centre of the methodology to be more agile and closer to the Shopper truth. Winning merchandising strategies revolve around 2 main stage:
- The early stage: understand the path to purchase, and all of the of the conscious and subconscious choices that are made.
- The implementation stage: accurately measure performances of a new store concept, a new layout, or POSM material, to make the right decision and convince your own clients (shoppers and retailers).
During the meeting, we will go through a few of our tried and true solutions to help you at each of those stages:
- With Shopper Choice Modelling, we can uncover the real decision tree that shoppers operate with, based on their choices of substitute products to a purchase they made. Modelling attributes and variables associated with each product, through a reverse conjoint process, we can identify the true importance of key criteria. Information giving you access to unconscious shopper behaviour and showing you how to best optimize a shelf layout.
- VR360 immersion test: Strategir can re-create a full store environment through virtual reality, at 360°, for a totally immersive experience. Shoppers can navigate in this environment freely and reproduce their natural behaviour. This solution allows you to test any merchandising material with flexibility and confidentiality. It also offers full control of the test parameters, unlike a real store test.
> Information and registration: please contact Cécile VELASCO
Printemps des Etudes 2018
Venez assister à nos conférences :
Jeudi 5 avril, 12h00 – 12h45 : “Comment l’Intelligence Artificielle sécurise les prévisions de vente estimées à partir de 200 personnes”
Le potentiel des innovations est généralement mesuré à partir d’échantillons consommateurs d’environ 200 personnes. Comment couvrir l’ensemble des comportements d’un marché avec seulement 200 personnes ? Grâce à l’application de l’Intelligence Artificielle aux échantillons études, il est désormais possible de beaucoup mieux couvrir cette diversité de comportements.
Jeudi 5 avril, 18h15 – 19h00 : “De l’insight client à la création d’une nouvelle offre pour BNP Paribas Cardif”
Une approche par combinatoire méthodologique (plateforme, workshop…) : quels enseignements ? L’étude a été menée auprès de personnes invalides afin de comprendre leur vécu, leur ressenti, leur expérience face à une société conçue et prévue pour les valides. Quelles protections, quels services une compagnie d’assurance est-elle légitime à offrir du point de vue de la cible ? Comment améliorer les types de couverture proposés aujourd’hui ? En quoi ces résultats amènent-ils à un questionnement interne sur la stratégie de l’entreprise dans sa façon d’aborder le marché, ses pratiques ?
Vendredi 6 avril, 9h30 – 10h15 : “Le pack dans tous ses états” Les grands enseignements études de tests de packs physiques et virtuels
Plus que jamais, le rôle du packaging est déterminant dans un contexte concurrentiel acharné et un mode d’exposition de plus en plus à la fois physique et virtuel. Comment réussir les deux vies du packaging : la vie shopper (quels impératifs ? comment impacter ? comment déclencher l’achat ?) et la vie consommateur (comment satisfaire les besoins consommateurs ?). En quoi le contexte (concurrence, circuit, espace de vente…) est-il déterminant ? Illustration de nos grands enseignements par plusieurs cas concrets.
11-22 juin, participez à notre shopper week !
Un principe simple : une heure dans vos locaux pour partager notre expertise et les dernières innovations dans les études shopper, pour aller plus loin dans la compréhension de la vérité shopper.
Digital, réalité virtuelle, intelligence artificielle, statistiques avancées… les nouvelles technologies nous permettent de vous proposer des solutions d’études qui mettent le shopper au centre des méthodologies pour être plus agiles et plus proches de la réalité du shopper.
Une stratégie merchandising gagnante passe par des étapes clés :
- En amont : comprendre le process d’achat du shopper, alors même que ses critères de choix sont souvent peu rationnels et conscientisés.
- En aval : mesurer les performances d’un nouveau concept magasin, d’une nouvelle implantation ou d’outils merchandising pour choisir et convaincre les distributeurs.
Nous aborderons entre autres quelques solutions testées et approuvées pour vous accompagner à chacune de ces étapes :
- Le Shopper Choice Modelling permet d’identifier le véritable arbre de décision du shopper sur la base des produits librement choisis en rayon et sans induire de critères de choix. Une analyse des substitutions met à jour les clés d’entrée et leur importance respective, pour vous éclairer dans la connaissance de vos shoppers et vous guider dans les clés d’organisation du rayon.
- Le test VR 360 immersion : Strategir reconstitue un environnement marchand VR 360° totalement immersif et proche du réel, où le shopper peut naviguer à sa guise et reproduire un comportement naturel. Cette solution permet de tester votre stratégie merchandising de manière souple et confidentielle. Elle offre également un contrôle des paramètres qu’un test en magasin physique ne permet pas.
> Information et inscription : n’hésitez pas à contacter Cécile VELASCO
Best Wishes 2018
We wish you a very happy Christmas and successful New Year
Comment assurer le succès d’une démarche Clean Label auprès de vos consommateurs ?
Participation gratuite à notre webinar de 30 minutes, présenté en français
Mardi 30 janvier 2018 à 11h CET (Paris)
Intervenantes: Ariane van BEEK & Eve ALLIER
> S’inscrire ici
La démarche Clean Label, hier l’apanage des petits industriels, est aujourd’hui investie par les grandes marques de l’agroalimentaire et de l’hygiène beauté.
Strategir a compilé pour vous les dernières tendances en termes de Clean Label et partage avec vous les enseignements consommateurs :
- Quel impact d’une mise en avant d’une démarche Clean Label en front pack ?
- Quelle formulation pour convaincre le consommateur ?
- Quels pièges éviter ?
- Une augmentation du prix de vente est-elle possible ?
How to engage each generation with brands through an adapted digital approach
A case study with Mouton Cadet, an international brand born in 1930 and now the leading brand for Bordeaux wines.
The Bordeaux-based brand turned to Strategir for insight that helped it identify the needs of its core buyers while securing its future by attracting younger generations. We will share how a full digital approach enables all generations to share their perceptions and how to adapt to them. We will present:
- The benefit of a participative platform like Multivote built on social media to better connect with consumers and encourage interaction
- The intimately grounded reality of a bespoke mobile app like ConnectLife, revealing genuine consumer vision and usage of the brand
Caroline Bastide joins Strategir
Caroline Bastide joined Strategir at the beginning of September 2017 as Digital & Services Director, following nearly 20 years’ experience in research at IPSOS, GFK, Harris Interactive and more recently MetrixLab.
“I’ve joined the Strategir team with a double objective: to strengthen existing digital approaches and also to consolidate Strategir’s offer in the Services sector,” explains Caroline. Emmanuel Delsuc, Managing Director, adds, “Strategir started its digital movement a few years ago, building on its fundamental expertise and DNA in market research. Customers expect us to develop hybrid approaches that are adapted to new strategic challenges, deadlines and budgets based on technological developments. Caroline, through her experience and expertise and great motivation will accelerate this dynamic. In addition, Caroline will be based at Strategir WSA in Paris, Strategir’s Qualitative and Creative Consumer Research Institute, in order to facilitate combining the Group’s qualitative and quantitative talents. This will be a real asset for the Services sector.”
“Strategir supports marketing innovation and brings high value-added expertise to its customers, with hands-on, personalized support and proven solutions. I am delighted to contribute to Strategir’s ambitions to better respond to future challenges through digital technologies and services,” concludes Caroline.
How artificial intelligence multiplies confidence in sales volume forecasts
Based on a case study where expected volumes were within 5% of post launch sales, this webinar will show how AI based forecasting can increase your confidence in sales volume forecasts built on research samples of a couple of hundred consumers.
To achieve this, the Market Shaker® AI volumetric model:
- Simulates the diversity of consumer behaviours by multiplying the power to predict each one’s behaviour up to 10,000 times
- Captures the true richness of real world behaviours to predict the role of your innovation in each individual consumers’ purchase repertoire
Thanks to AI’s enhanced understanding of consumers’ behaviour, you get the confidence of thousands upon thousands of virtual consumers’ response to your innovation.
Comment décrypter grâce au digital les perceptions trans-générationnelles à l’égard d’une marque premium ?
Cas concret avec Mouton Cadet, une marque internationale née en 1930 devenue la première marque des vins de Bordeaux.
Participez gratuitement à notre atelier :
Mardi 26 septembre 2017
de 9h à 11h à Paris
Nos experts études & digitaux expliqueront comment une approche digitale et globale permet de recueillir des insights consommateurs pour qu’une marque premium captive les générations d’aujourd’hui et de demain !
- L’apport du vécu et des petits moments de vérité au quotidien via une application mobile pour éclairer les insights consommateurs
- L’enrichissement de ces insights au travers d’une plateforme participative et les réseaux sociaux
Artificial Intelligence and Market Research
Please join us at the NewMR virtual conference about Artificial Intelligence and Market Research.
Strategir will explain how to apply AI to strengthen sales volume forecasts.
We are presenting in Session 1:
Friday 22 September
10am London time / 11am Paris time
Inside our Market Shaker® model, AI truly covers the diversity of individual behaviour and the influences on it. It mushrooms a typical research sample of people into a vast virtual panel, each one reacting to the innovation and its marketing in their own way, so you can have greater confidence in the sales forecast.
And the winner is… Strategir’s VR development wins top prize
Innovative use of VR for product tests wins 1st prize at the French Marketing Awards 2017!
Strategir was recently awarded the 1st prize in the Research category of the renowned French Marketing Awards (Trophées Marketing 2017) for a joint study with Firmenich. The pioneering research approach gave Firmenich higher predictability for sniff tests by using VR. Virtual Reality was used to set the context for product tests which simulated the real consumption experience of a product. As context strongly influences our feelings and behaviour, the use of VR leads to more discriminating results. [Info] This year, there were ten nominees for the Research Award. Isabelle Goisbault, Head of R&D, Strategir said ‘We are very proud to have won the 1st prize despite the strong competition’. The 2nd prize went to Sociovision with NRJ and the 3rd prize to Ipsos with France Television.
With this award, something unique happened which has never happened before: Strategir won the 1st prize two years in a row! In 2016, Strategir won the same prize for a joint project with Samsung redesigning their Samsung Experience Store in Paris: [Info]
The added value of VR for your market research is significant. The immersion truly transports participants into a realistic context. We would be happy to show you more about our case studies for VR in shopper experience, laundry detergent fragrance and beer tasting. Get in touch to use our award-winning expertise as an input generator for new ideas for your market research.
Virtual immersion Golden winner at Marketing Trophy for product testing
A great product delivers a great experience but context strongly influences our feelings and behaviour. Product testing works best in settings that are closest to shopper or consumer life.
You may have seen our 2016 last year Golden award winning work with Samsung which showed the insights to be gained through realistic, active and immersive shopper experiences [if not, check it out here]. Sharing the same aim in product testing, Strategir and Firmenich have moved onto investigating whether VR settings positively impact consumer behaviour and improve data in sensory evaluation.