STRATEGIR Group’s general policy for protecting personal data
Strategir is an independent firm that was formed in 1986. Our main activities are the design and delivery of market research services.
This personal data protection policy is evidence of Strategir’s desire and commitment to the responsible use of the personal data that is collected and processed as part of our everyday activities.
“Personal data” means data relating to a living person who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or likely to come into, our possession.
We view the protection of personal data as important and through this policy we wish to provide information about how we collect and process this data.
This personal data protection policy applies to all of our entities (sites) and to all the business activities conducted by us during the course of which we collect personal data.
It is Our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information held by Us is processed fairly and lawfully. We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. All Our employees and data processors who have access to Personal Information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
We will not without Your permission, sell rent or exchange any personal information supplied by You to any third party. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
It applies to all processing of personal data by Strategir, as the Data Controller or subcontractor acting on behalf of a customer, subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679) in force since 25th May 2018.
As part of its core business, Strategir on behalf of its customers interviews sample populations of consumers; consumers whose personal data is collected, primarily for identification purposes (identity: forename, surname, date of birth, contact information: postal address, phone number, e-mail).
We process these consumer samples in an aggregated manner, the data is anonymised prior to being processed, and we do not analyse any individual’s data.
Similar to any other business, Strategir also collects personal data about its employees. An employee’s personnel file is a key part of human resources administration and contains personally identifiable information (marital status, diplomas, etc.), data relating to the employment contract, training, assessment (professional interviews), salary information, and occupational health.
What we discuss and share with our customers and prospective customers: the products and methodologies that we offer; our research in the field of market research; and the notable trends in the fields that we study.
These exchanges of information and advice occur via newsletters, workshops, and media events, and are based on a mutual interest. We use a secure CRM app principally containing personally identifiable information to contact our customers and prospective customers.
In the light of the preceding paragraphs, and in order to preserve privacy and protection of personal data, in 2016, Strategir appointed a Privacy and Data Protection Contact (CIL), whose role has now evolved into that of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) since the GDPR was been implemented.
The DPO is responsible for overseeing best practice, as well as ensuring the application of and compliance with regulations covering the protection of personal data.
- 1) Purpose of our Data Processing
- We collect personal data for specific objectives. The purposes of our data processing are fixed, legitimate and clear.
- We use letters and forms to make the individuals concerned aware of the purpose of this processing; these letters and forms are used to assist with obtaining unambiguous consent. This consent is archived in a secure manner.
- No data is collected without the knowledge of the individual or without their prior notification.
- Only relevant data that is strictly necessary to achieving the purpose shall be collected and processed.
- This data may not be subsequently used for any purpose other than that for which it was collected.
- Any utilisation of the customer database to promote Strategir is done in order to share information and lessons that are useful to our customers and are not intended for commercial aims.
- 2) Limited Period for Storing Personal Data
- Strategir keeps personal data on file for a limited period that shall not exceed the duration defined for the purpose.
- Storage times vary according to the nature of the data, the purpose of the processing and the legal, judicial or regulatory requirements.
- By way of example:
For respondent personal data: we keep the data on file in the active databases for six months, and then on a secure archive server for five years.
For employee personal data: the data contained in the personnel file is kept throughout the duration of the employment contract; once the employee has left, it is retained for a variable period (1 to 5 years depending on the nature of the documents) as set out in French employment law.
Individuals shall be informed of the time limits which apply for data storage upon request.
- 3) Confidentiality, Access to Data and Data Security
- Only duly authorised recipients can access personal data under the terms set out in a security policy that is concerned with managing access only to the data required to perform the activity.
- Access rights are managed consistent with the role of the user, and they are updated whenever there is an evolution or a change of role.
- A policy to safeguard information systems has been implemented and is suitable for the activities of the company and the nature of the data that is collected and processed.
- Technical means, as well as physical, organisational and IT security measures are deployed to ensure data confidentiality, prevent leaks and avoid any unauthorised access.
- We also ask our subcontractors to comply with these rules and to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the personal data that they collect or process on our behalf.
- 4) Transfer of Personal Data
- In the event of a transfer of personal data, where necessary, to a country outside of the European Union, this transfer shall be carried out pursuant to and in compliance with the mandatory formalities of the CNIL (France’s Information Commissioner’s Office).
- In particular, under the General Data Protection Regulation, each person in charge of collecting data shall inform the person whose data was collected of the existence of transfers to a country that is not a Member State of the European Union. This notification shall occur at the time of obtaining consent from the individuals concerned.
- 5) Rights of Individuals
- All individuals possess rights over their personal data, and may exercise these rights at any time, free of charge, by presenting proof of their identity.
- Once the request is filled with Strategir’s DPO Correspondant-CNIL@strategir.com or DPO@strategir.com, individuals may access their data and assert their right to consult, rectify, delete or oppose certain processing.
- Individuals who file such a request shall receive notification in a transparent, concise and understandable way in terms of how their personal data is processed.
Should you wish to request any further information regarding the General Policy for Protecting Personal Data, please contact:
Correspondant-CNIL@Strategir.com or DPO@strategir.com
The postal address for writing to Strategir’s DPO is:
STRATEGIR – Data Protection Officer – 5 Rue Foy – 33000 BORDEAUX FRANCE
Privacy and Cookies
This page answers some important questions about how STRATEGIR collects and uses your personal details, as well as cookie use and how you can control this. You can also read our legal information in full.
How STRATEGIR uses this information:
STRATEGIR is committed to protecting your right to privacy and follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information. You can rest assured that any information you share with us will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to anyone outside of STRATEGIR, its subsidiaries and its Preferred Partners.
- have information about users’ website visits and behaviour with full anonymity,
- adapt Our website presentation to users’ display preference (such as language, display resolution, etc.)
- make your browsing easier.
To disable cookies, select the appropriate parameters in your web browser. The disabling might affect your browsing on www.strategir.com website.
Updated: October 2018